Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Approved or Disapproved?

15Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15 (King James Version)

I pray that all is well with you on this beautiful God created day. How are you doing on the 31st day of 2007? Still standing firm in Christ? Still holding on to the hand of the Lord? I trust that you are and I continue to pray for each and every one of you. Do you ever think about God being pleased with your walk, or do you assume that He is happy with everything that you are doing? Do you go to the elders of the church and asked them how are you are doing in your walk, or do you assume that you are approved by God no matter what anyone says. So far this year, I have been meditating on God’s Word in 2 Timothy 2 about showing myself approved to God. I’ve also wondered (of course) if those with the same “Christian” title wonder the same thing about themselves.

I witnessed some highlights from this past Sunday’s celebration of gospel (shown on BET). I thank God for allowing me to find what I needed to see on my research sites and did not have to waste my time (or someone else’s) sitting on the couch being brainwashed of the false ministry that was being displayed. Before I go any further, let me just state that those I expose based on God’s Word are sent up in prayer by me and others I communicate with. So if I’m exposing their behavior, I’m definitely praying for them. I may not agree with or support their ministry, but I am praying for them out of the love of Jesus Christ. Back to the message.

There were footages that I witnessed from this flesh party (called Christian) that reminded me of the mess I witnessed as an unsaved lad growing up in church. Folk stating things that should have been kept to themselves. Steve Harvey looked very foolish many times during the commercial breaks, trying to justify for his lack of timely Christian growth. Harvey also showed signs that he’s not done with his dirty humor/ as he brought it on BET on Sunday. Various groups looking sad, artists trying to out sing each other instead of singing in unity. I am not a singer, but I don't think that you can combine lead singers that have the fame that they already have. And only one of them is a gospel artist (who dances secular). Look at what I am saying.
AND their walk does not line up with the Word of God, if they are not in true connection with the Holy Spirit of God…then I’m not trying to partake in the supper that they are eating. Too many times folk in the church are trying to do things to fast and refuse to listen to the rest of the instructions that God has given them. They hear the Lord say (through His Word and confirmation from their assigned pastor) “prepare to do a divine task”. But folk ignore the “prepare” and begin to “do the divine task” without ever PREPARING for whatever it is. Steve Harvey had no business hosting the Celebration of Gospel the past seven years (he bragged about this on this show) because he was never prepared spiritually to do this divine task. But ignorant pastors and Christians have influenced Steve Harvey and many other babe and unsaved artist/entertainers to accept Christ with their lips and have never given them time to accept Christ in his heart. The brother, as well as many other Christians babies need to be sat down, taught with the Word of God and discipled before being place out in the public to minister…folk are setting baby Christians up to fell in their walk.

Being approved means what remains after the testing. If you send metal through the fire to be refined, whatever is left is what’s approved. If you sit a young babe in Christ down, disciple that individual, teach them the Word of God, allow them to see you practice what you preach, allow them to go through some Christian testing trials & storms and continue to nurture them with charity (agape love)…then we can see what is approved by God and allow God to send that individual out for ministry in His timing (folk are forgetting the “in His timing” part). So many times in my walk I have moved too fast before it was time and it was God confirming things through my pastor and spiritual elders that I needed to slow down and stay on course, because I was busting my face in the process. Rightly dividing God’s Word mean being straight forward or “cutting straight” to the Word of Truth, not sugar coating it with feel good message and secular behavior.

God's Truth is the only thing that defines that nature of His Scripture. It is the Light of Truth that shines in the darkness of all lies. Folk who are ministering in any type of way they please should make sure that they handle God’s Word accurately. Failure to do so will very well lead to Divine Judgment (James 3:1). Speaking of this, I feel a part two coming on. I can’t understand why folk think they need a piece of paper to preach the Gospel of Jesus. Nothing’s wrong with having a degree or a license, but this doesn’t make it legit to preach God's Word. Yeah, lets talk about this tomorrow. Be blessed on this day and know that Jesus loves you and I love you all too. Until the Sequel of Jesus.


© 2007 What Lies Beneath Ministries, Inc. All Rights Reserved